Join our forum today

What would you like to see added to our website? I value your opinion and will respond to all requests and suggestions. - Mike
Click HERE to share your input in the Topic on this subject in the forum. - Click HERE to contact us and tell us what you think and share your input.

Photo
- - - - -

Vehicle: De Tomaso Pantera GT5

3 replies to this topic

#1 Tipo874

Tipo874

• VIP Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Hello, new member from Sweden here. :santa:

Thought I'd present my ride, which is a 1984 De Tomaso Pantera GT5, which I've had since 2000.

111-1180_IMG.JPG

It has a slightly hotted up 351 Cleveland, which I converted to EFI in 2001, using the EFI from 5.0 Mustang for most parts, see: http://www.hax.se/efi/

The conversion was featured in http://www.fordmuscl...2/ClevelandEFI/

#2 DVader

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

Awesome looking ride...

#3 SHOTGUN

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

WOW! What a car! How many of those were made?

1515552033__signature.png

#4 Tipo874

Tipo874

• VIP Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:51 AM

I think there were about 8000 Panteras made between 1971 and 1990. I don't think there were more than around 100 genuine GT5:s, although there are several old cars that has been converted to GT5 look, even if they are not fully GT5 specs, which include upgraded brakes and various other minor differencies.

This particular car was originally sold to some prince in Saudi Arabia in 1984. He quickly had it repainted red, from the original metallic yellow.

Apparently the prince needed space in his garage for a new Lamborghini and so a Swedish guy working with construction in Saudi found the car at some car dealer around 1989. He bought it and was using it there up until Saddam started making a lot of fuss in the region at which time he shipped to his home in Stockholm. He didn't use it much and he sold it to me in March 2000.

Reply to this topic